Our 3rd Annual A-Z Countdown is coming to a close! It has been so much fun seeing all the students in Menands come together on the A-Z Google Classroom. We kicked off last week with our very first Virtual Field Day, got ready for the retirees’ parade, listened to Mrs. Schroeder read I Knew You Could, had a day of rest, then created messages to say too-da-loo to the graduating 8th graders.
Please see the schedule for our upcoming week, which is included below. As you can see, we only have 3 days of school left!
Remember to check the Menands A-Z Days Google Classroom page every day. It has been wonderful seeing the answers and photos you have shared. Please also share your photos with email@example.com so these memories can be highlighted next year.
We look forward to celebrating our last few days of school with you.
Mrs. Wroblewski, Mrs. Stanton, and Mrs. Ball
- Wednesday, May 20 – Letter A – Amazing Menands Spirit Day – Show your school spirit by drawing a paw print and hanging it in your window
- Thursday, May 21 – Letter B – Brain Teaser Day – Check Google Classroom every hour to challenge your brain with a new brain teaser
- Friday, May 22 – Letter C – Card Game Day – Play a card game by yourself or with your family
- Tuesday, May 26 – Letter D – Dare to Try Day
- Wednesday, May 27 – Letter E – Explore Your Surroundings
- Thursday, May 28 – Letter F – Make Your Own Fun Day!
- Friday, May 29 – Letter G – Get ready…it’s Talent Show Day!
- Monday, June 1 – Letter H – How Well do you Know Menands? – Play Kahoot to find out how much you know about our school, but be ready to get stumped!
- Tuesday, June 2 – Letter I – Introducing our Virtual Illustrator/Author Day – Check out Google Classroom to learn more about Elizabeth Zunon who will be visiting grades K-8 this week.
- Wednesday, June 3 – Letter J – Join the Fun… it’s Name that Tune Day – Check Google Classroom every hour for a new tune. Can you be the first to guess the correct title and artist?
- Thursday, June 4 – Letter K – Knock Knock Day – Check Google Classroom every hour for a new joke. Feel free to post your own school appropriate jokes too!
- Friday, June 5 – Letter L – Lion King Day – Check out Google Classroom for a day filled with Lion King fun! We’ll be sharing trivia questions, songs, photos, and a special performance from the Menands School cast of The Lion King Jr.
- Monday, June 8 – Letter M – Menands School Virtual Field Day Kickoff – Get ready to move your body, play games, and have lots of fun! Check out the PE Google Classroom for the week’s Field Day events.
- Tuesday, June 9 – Letter N – New Beginnings: Mrs. Schroder, Mrs. Waldron, and Mr. Blanchet are retiring! – Create signs and posters in preparation for our retirees’ goodbye parade on June 16th at 3:00.
- Wednesday, June 10 – Letters O/P – Online Picture Book Day with Mrs. Schroeder – Join Mrs. Schroeder as she reads aloud I Knew You Could! Questions and activities that go along with the book will be posted to Google Classroom.
- Thursday, June 11 – Letters Q/R – Quiet Rest Day – Take some time today to relax and take care of yourself. You could curl up with a good book, take a nap, listen to calming music, or choose another restful activity!
- Friday, June 12 – Letters S/T – Saying Too-da-loo to 8th Grade – Congratulations to our graduating 8th graders! Check Google Classroom for a surprise.
- Monday, June 15 – Letters U/V – U Vote Day – Check Google Classroom every hour to vote in a new poll.
- Tuesday, June 16 – Letters W/X – Wild eXperiment Day – Everyone’s a scientist today! Have fun checking out some wild experiments.
- Wednesday, June 17 – Letters Y/Z – You’re Zooming into summer – It’s the last day of school! Check the A-Z classroom for a special message from the Menands Staff.