The first phase of the capital construction project will include work being done to the entrance by the cafeteria to create what will be the new main entrance and the expansion to the cafeteria. It will also include additions for a Pre-K classroom and a new middle school wing.
During this work, the entrances and exits closest to the cafeteria and kindergarten classrooms will be accessible only for emergency purposes.
What results are the following changes related to student arrival and dismissal:
As usual, student arrival is at 8:10 a.m. and dismissal is at 3:03 p.m. Please adhere to these times for drop-off and pick-up to ensure adequate staff supervision and student safety.
Parents dropping off students in the morning are to pull into the turn-around to drop off students. Please do not park or wait in the turnaround.
Follow the direction of the school staff member stationed in that area.
If you wish to park when dropping off your child, please park in the designated visitor parking spaces in the lot and walk your child to the main entrance.
Buses will continue, upon arrival to pull into the existing bus lane, and students will enter school at 8:10 a.m. as follows, and under the supervision of staff:
- Students in K-3 will enter to the right through the main entrance along with drop-offs.
- Grades 4-8 will enter to the far left, through the doors by the basketball and tennis courts.
Students departing by bus will exit through the same doors as in the morning:
K-3 students will exit through the main entrance.
Grades 4-8 students will exit through the doors by the basketball/tennis courts. Since the main entrance is now being used to dismiss bussed students, parent pick-up will change as follows:
- If picking up, you must park in the designated visitor parking spots in the lot.
- Cars will not be able to enter the “loop” during dismissal.
- Parents will not be able to enter the lobby for pick-up until all K-3 bus students have been dismissed. Plan to follow the direction of the designated staff members.
- Parents must sign students out. Individuals picking up students, who are not known to staff will be required to provide identification.
- Please note any mid-day drop-offs or pickups will continue to happen through the main entrance. We understand this may create a temporary inconvenience, but we are obligated to ensure the safety and well-being of all students.
- These procedures are subject to change, particularly upon completion of what will be the new student entrance (currently the entrance closest to the cafeteria). We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.