- We will budget from the perspective what we know to be true in the present moment.
- Though we will be cautiously optimistic about decreases in expenditures or increases in revenue, but we will not make assumptions.
What was expected at this budget workshop?
- 2020-2021 Draft 1 Budget
- Tax Cap Calculation if possible
- Information out of the Capital/Governor’s office if available
Governor’s Proposed Budget Aid
Why the Governor’s proposal is misleading…
Adjustments to the Governor’s proposal
Tax Cap: Changes to the calculation for 2020-21
- CES Capital Exclusion
- Information from BOCES not available in a timely manner
- Information from BPD based on some assumptions
Draft 1 Budget
Draft 1 Expenditure Budget = 9,886,074
Draft 1 Revenue Budget = 8,990,503
Existing Gap = 895,571
Gap with Historic Adjustments = (30,529)
Historic adjustments have included:
- $815,042 of Assigned Fund Balance
- $ 50,000 transfer from reserves
This warrants additional conversation.
What is included in Draft 1
- District & Board Goals
- What we might like to do:
- Aesthetic, Cosmetic, & Grounds Improvements
- Items that will not directly impact teaching and learning
Many outstanding or unknown factors & figures:
- SPED/Annual Review Outcomes
- BOCES Final Service Request
What to expect at next budget meeting
- Draft 2 Budget
- Tax Cap
- Updates out of the Governors Office
- Detailed Information from BPD
Next Budget Workshop is March 9, 2020.