Dear Parents & Families,
We have some important updates, information and reminders to share with you as we turn the calendar to November:
K-5 Opportunity to Update Instructional & Transportation Options for Trimester 2
As we approach the end of the first trimester (December 9) we are providing the opportunity for families of K-5 students to request a change to both their initial instructional option and transportation choice. Changes will require thoughtful planning so we can continue to comply with all health and safety protocols. This is a significant undertaking and we need your help. We’re asking all K-5 families to complete our new commitment form as soon as possible, but no later than November 15.
We are optimistic we will be able to honor all requests, though this may result in changes to schedules and/or teacher assignments for both remote and in-person students. Likewise, this could create changes to bus runs and assignments. Any changes will be communicated in advance of the start of the second trimester. Please know that you will be committed to your choice through the end of the trimester in March.
A similar opportunity will be provided for students in grades 6-8 at the end of the semester.
Dates of Importance
- Tuesday, November 3rd is Election Day and school will be in session. We encourage all of our parents and community members to exercise their right to vote.
- Wednesday, November 4th is School Picture Day for in-person students. We are in the process of exploring options for remote students.
- Wednesday November 11th, in observance of the Veteran’s Day Holiday, school will be closed. This was inadvertently left off the print calendar that went home to families.
Parent Teacher Conference Half Days
We have two half days scheduled for Parent Teacher Conferences on November 20th and December 16th. To accommodate our staggered dismissal times, K-5 students will dismiss at 11:20 and 6-8 students will dismiss at noon. Teachers will be reaching out to schedule conference appointments. In accordance with CDC guidance to limit visitors to the building, all conferences will be conducted remotely.
School Closures or Delays Due to Inclement Weather
Because we have both students and staff on-site, when weather conditions make travel to school unsafe we may choose to delay the start of our school day, or close school.
- If we choose to delay, in order to accommodate the current schedule and staggered arrival times, we would delay for one and a half (1.5) hours. Arrival for K-5 students would be 10:00 AM and arrival for 6-8 students would be 10:30 AM. Students who ride the bus would need to be at the bus stop 90 minutes later than they typically would.
- If we choose to close, there would be no instruction that day, either in person or remote.
School delays or closures will be communicated via School Messenger, our webpage, Facebook, and local media.
In closing, we wish to thank all of our families for their continued diligence in following recommended safety protocols, inclusive of hand washing, mask wearing and social distancing. On behalf of our students and school community, we appreciate your continuing to do so.
Have a great weekend!
Dr. Maureen Long