A number of Menands students in grades 5 and 8 were recently honored with physical education awards from the New York State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.
- Demonstrates responsible personal and social behavior, sportsmanship and citizenship
- Desires to learn and improve
- Exhibits a physically active lifestyle
- Demonstrates leadership and is a positive influence on peers
- Has contributed toward the total school program Students do not necessarily need to be the best athletes, however, they should meet the above criteria.
Mikayla Brice, Mattan Cadet, Juston Jones, and Michael Marchesi
Melvin Brown, Syraea Lawson, Caileigh Nevins, and Adityamithran Sivakumar