Dear Parents & Families,
We are so excited to welcome our students back to school tomorrow for the first day of the 2021 -2022 school year!
As with any school year it takes a bit of time to adjust to the logistics associated with “back to school,” so a few reminders and requests:
Arrival & Dismissal:
- Bus drop off/pick up times are best estimates. Please be out a few minutes early in the morning, until a consistent time has been established. Likewise, drop off the first few days may be delayed as new and younger students adjust to taking the bus.
- If you are dropping off and/or picking up, please be aware the school zone speed limit is 15 MPH. Please follow the guidance and direction of school staff stationed in the parking lot and at the entrances. Those families who indicated they would drop off and/or pick up will receive a direct email shortly with the procedures provided in much greater detail.
- If you have not expressly indicated you will be picking up your child, you have not been designated a parking spot, and it is expected they will be riding the bus home.
- Our ultimate goal is that our students arrive safely.
- Like last year, as a result of the COIVD-19 Pandemic, we have a number of procedures and protocols in place to keep our students and staff safe and healthy. This year we are using a Layered Mitigation Strategy, based on the transmission rates in Albany County.
- Each week we will inform parents of any change to the transmission level.
- Per the NYS Department of Health: All students, staff and visitors in P-12 schools must wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status. This requirement is true on school buses as well.
- Please be sure your child wears a well fitting mask to school each day. In the event they arrive without one, one will be provided for them.
- In the event a student does not comply with the mask mandate, they will need to be isolated from their classmates, and a parent will be contacted to provide assistance or pick up the child.
We appreciate your cooperation, patience, and most importantly your partnership as we work through the opening days of school, and a fantastic school year! We know that the first few days of any school year are exciting for some students, and at the same time can be challenging for others. We are committed to providing every student the support and encouragement they need to have a successful start to the school year. As always, should you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out.
Mrs. Cannavo & Dr. Long