Superintendent Long presenting more information on school opening in September at the Aug. 9 board of education meeting. The district is following recommended guidance from the CDC, Albany County DOH, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the State Education Dept. as it develops a plan for a full return to school on September 9. The next steps will determine health, safety and instructional plans. The district will:
- Engage the parent advisory group;
- Continue conversations with the Teacher Association leadership;
- Continue to monitor guidance and the latest information available;
- Continue to collaborate with school districts in the region, as well as the Albany County Dept. of Health; and
- Identify immunocompromised students requiring a fully remote learning option.