Like many other events and activities, we had to postpone our in-person Menands School PTA Multicultural Celebration. HOWEVER! We are excited to announce our Virtual Multicultural Celebration from March 30 to April 3!
Let’s travel the world!
Jacoba VandenBerg made homemade stroopwafels to celebrate the Netherlands!
Here is our friend Sabhareesh (Grade 3) wearing a formal outfit! And Rava Laddu, a traditional Indian meal, which looks delicious!
- Tanisha teaches us about the greeting “namaste.”
- Mr. Schweizer takes us on a virtual tour of Switzerland.
- Patrick Benoit presents the Hawaiian Islands!
- Swaran Rao and Rishik Bejjenky perform a dance in celebration of Rama Navami!
- A tour of Italy with Mrs Schroeder!
- Jon Abelardo wearing Barong Tagalog!
- Celebrating Haiti with the Justinvil family
- Adithya Thumilan and Vivaan Bejjenky perform an Indian warrior dance
- The Buskey family takes us to Puerto Rico
- The Jaskula family makes a German cake
- Samduk Sherpa and family celebrate Losar (the lunar new year)
How to participate
Our families are invited to join the celebration by sharing one or more of the following via email to Mrs. Schroeder at: email@example.com
- Photos and information of the country you are representing
- Photos of your family preparing a food dish, dessert, etc. and the final dish
Recipes of the food dish
- Videos of individual performances that you planned (please do not gather as a group)
- Videos of stories from the country
We will post submissions on our Facebook page and the school website throughout the week!