January 2019 Presentation
Smart Bond Initiative
Passed by New York Voters in November of 2014
Awarded $2 Billion to all Schools based on enrollment and state aid formula
Menands Union Free School’s Allocation is $78,846
Rules for the use of these funds – Six Categories
- Social Networking
- Classroom Technology
- Classroom Connection
- Pre-K Classroom Improvements
- Elimination of Temporary/Trailer Classrooms
- School Security and Safety
Rules of the use of funds
- You cannot pay salaries
- You cannot pay BOCES
- You cannot purchase software
- Administration consults with the district’s architect to establish possible priorities in the approved categories.
- Consideration to
- Menands Union Free Strategic Plan
- Menands Union Free Technology Plan
- Menands Union Free Building Condition Survey
Establish a Smart Bond Planning Committee to review these proposals and make recommendations to the Board of Education.
Menands Union Free School District Goals: Original Plan
- Menands Union Free Schools upgraded the Wireless Networking Infrastructure to provide a strong backbone for the learning community.
- Menands Union Free School’s upgraded the obsolete interactive white boards in classrooms
By using Federal Erate funds, Menands was able to complete their Network Infrastructure Upgrade under budget.
- Due to the recent pandemic, Menands needs more devices for remote learning and is proposing to amend their plan and move the remaining funds to purchase personal devices.
Any questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org