- May 21 update on mask guidance for schools
- May 13 notification of COVID case
- Feb. 5 notification of 2 COVID cases
- Jan. 20 update
- Jan. 13 update
- Jan. 9 update
- Jan. 3 update
- Dec. 29 update
- Dec. 18 notification of confirmed COVID case
- Dec. 12 update
- Oct. 30 update
- Oct. 23 update
- Oct. 16 update
- Oct. 3 information on confirmed COVID case
- September 18 update
- September 11 update
- September 4 update
- August 20 update
- August 13 update
- August 12 update
- August 4 update
- July 31 update
- July 17 update
- July 10 update
- June 26 update
Resource Website for Menands Families
COVID-19 has caused a lot of uncertainty for our society. Financial, mental and educational pressures have increased due to the uncertainty of many aspects of our lives. A team from Menands School has created a website with resources to assist our families with these issues.
If you have any questions or need additional assistance with these resources, we are here to help:
- Megan Amatrano, School Psychologist/CSE Chairperson, email@example.com
- Cheri Vandenberg, MSCAS ,School Counselor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Mondini, LMSW School Social Worker, email@example.com
- Melissa Johnson, School Counseling Intern, firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Testing Sites
See the Albany County Dept. of Health website for a complete list of local COVID-19 testing sites.
Daily Health Attestation
One of the precautions we’re taking amid the COVID-19 pandemic is a daily health screening of all Menands students and staff. This is also a requirement of school reopening plans. The screening is designed to identify potential symptoms and assess possible exposure to the virus.
COVID-19 Report Card
The district will report positive cases daily to the NYS Department of Health’s COVID-19 Report Card dashboard.
State local health departments will be notified immediately of any positive COVID-19 diagnostic test result by an individual in school facilities or on school grounds.
Contact tracing and quarantine orders will be directed by the Albany County Department of Health. The district will participate fully in all contact tracing efforts so that local health officials can contact and notify families of any possible exposure to COVID-19, and direct families of the necessary steps (testing, quarantine, etc.)
The plan outlined here is for the reopening of schools in the Menands Union Free School District for the 2020-21 school year, following the building closure related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our driving principles in creating this plan were two-fold:
- Follow all medical and scientific guidelines to do everything possible to ensure the safety of our community.
- Provide the highest quality educational experience possible for all of our students K-8.
Review our one-page snapshot calendar to see important dates for the 2020-21 school year.
SAMPLE IN-PERSON SCHEDULES
SAMPLE REMOTE SCHEDULES